You’ve planned your destination and for most people, hopping on an airplane is no big deal. For others, the mere thought of boarding a plane can bring on anxiety, panic attacks and other stressful issues. Below are a few tips and tricks to help deal with fear of flying and make your flight more comfortable and enjoyable.
1. Listen To Music: Load your favorite music tracks on your smart phone, tablet or other device and bring a good pair of headphones. Becoming enveloped in your music may minimize your trepidation when encountering turbulence on the flight.
2. Watch a Movie: Download a movie or two on your tablet to keep your mind off the actual flight. Stay away from any disaster type movie but choose a good action or thriller. The key is to become engrossed in this activity and not thinking about the flight itself.
3. Engage With Your Seatmates: Whether you’re travelling alone or with companions, strike up a conversation. It’s helpful to see that other fellow passengers are not nervous and hopefully are willing to engage with you.
4. Take A Nap: Try taking a nap or sleep on your flight. If needed, take a sleep aid such as Melatonin or possibly a prescribed drug by your doctor to help alleviate anxiety.
5. Work on a Project: Think of a project you can work on your laptop or tablet, either personal or business. It could be a PowerPoint presentation, editing your photos or writing a letter.